Improv Comedy 101
Improv Class Syllabus:
- Develop improvisational skills using short-form games or the long form structure known as Harold
- Mold topics and suggestions into original characters and on-the-spot routines through a weekly on-stage performance workshop
- Translate your ideas to connect with any audience by performing at the "top of your intelligence"
Improv Classes Include:
- Six two-hour-long improv class sessions at Goodnights Comedy Club, Thursdays from 6 to 8PM
- A Graduation showcase at Goodnights at 8pm on the Wednesday immediately following the final class session (schedule permitting) in which participants perform for an audience of friends and family in a supportive, positive, and controlled environment
Upcoming Class Dates
Sept. - Nov. Session
- Class Dates: 9/26, 10/3, 10/10, 10/17, 10/24, 11/7 - Grad Show on 11/8 @ 8pm
Is this class for beginners?
- Yes. Our Improv 101 class is an entry-level course. All 200 level courses and higher require completion of an entry-level course or permission from the instructor to attend.
My child is 13 years old, can I sign them up for a class?
- Unfortunately, no. All Goodnights Comedy Academy classes are 18+.
How much progress can I expect to gain from this class?
- As with any class or lesson, you get out what you put in. Those who participate, do the homework assignments, and put real effort in their work will see significant advancement in their skill level over someone who was merely present in class.
Do I need to have any material ready before the class?
- There's no preparation required to start of any of our entry-level classes. Obviously, there's also no harm in bringing some material, ideas, or jokes you've been working on to the first day of class but that's totally optional!